Sunday, February 14, 2010

Four months

My baby is four months old! I cannot believe how quickly time has gone by. I miss the first 12 weeks I got to spend with him all day everyday. He's gotten so big since he was born. He is now 15 pounds, 2 ounces and about 25 inches long (by my measurements, not the nurse). He was 6 lbs 12 oz and 20.5 inches when he was born. Such growth!
Friday we went to his four month well-baby check up and he's doing great. Right on track with everything...even teething already! He also LOVES to stand up. Every time we pull him up by the hands to sit he stiffens his legs so he can stand and then gets the biggest toothless smile on his face. I love it! The only downside to the checkup were the vaccinations...poor little guy had to get three shots, but he did great. He only cried for a couple minutes after and once he nursed he fell asleep until we got home. Saturday was tough though...I'm not sure if it was just the vaccines or if it is also the teething, but he was not happy pretty much the whole day after noon. He cried for nearly 45 minutes straight and I did everything I could think of to soothe him. The only thing that finally worked was the vacuum. It had to be going & he had to be able to see it. Once he finally settled enough I put him in his swing with the vacuum on next to him and he fell asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment